[RTTY] Yaesu FT-920 setup - HELP!!

To: "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Yaesu FT-920 setup - HELP!!
From: wa4pgm@kinex.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:23:17 -0400 (EDT)
Can someone please help me setup a Yaesu FT-920 for FSK. I've been trying
but either the rig is broken on RTTY or I've haven't got it setup right.
On recieve I have no problems but on transmit it seems no one is able to
copy me. I'm unable to use MONI to hear my signal but from the reports I
get I'm only tranmitting a carrier instead of tones.

Switch on back is set to FSK

Rig is setup:
Mode: FSK - LSB

Menu settings:
U42 Hi2125L
U43 Sft 170
U44 Nor

I'm hoping to operate the NAQP RTTY while I'm on VP9 but so far I've had
nothing but problems since arriving the island. If you can help please
reply ASAP.
Many thanks,
Kyle
VP9/WA4PGM