Re: [RTTY] Re: Maintaining WF1B

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Maintaining WF1B
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 10:14:05 -0000
Ekki, I've not ever used WF1B, as I just recently became
involved with Rtty Contesting. But, my take on it would be that
it would react much like any other Dos program in XP, and that
is, they don't really work, or don't work very well. If you want
to go to the work, you can put Dos on first, then install XP and
have a dual boot system. That is what I have done here, as I
used to use TRLog exclusively for contesting. WriteLog with the
MMTTY engine appear to be the hot setup for Rtty Contesting now.

I believe that a lot of contesters at one time feared Windows,
due to crashes, etc. With as stable as XP is, and as stable as
WriteLog is, I think most of those fears have gone by the way
side.

73, Mike K9MI