[RTTY] 3B9R

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 3B9R
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:53:23 -0500
Last night I worked Robert 3B9FR.  It may have been his first time on RTTY.

This morning I received an E-mail from Robert thanking me for telling him his
signal was inverted.  In the E-mail, he asked if I could find someone who could
help him run PSK using DX4WIN.  I am not familiar with DX4WIN, so I am unable to
help him.  Is there anyone out there that can help Robert?  He has a Yahoo
E-mail address.

He also asked me if he would need a different cable to run PSK with his Yaesu
FT-920.  It appears he is running AFSK on RTTY.  I can only guess that he is
already set up for PSK but I'm not familiar with Yaesu radios.

It's great to see Robert on RTTY.  He was excited to work me last night as his
first contact because he had read my "Getting Started on RTTY" article and was
able to get MMTTY working.  He started out calling CQ inverted.  But when I told
him he was inverted, he was quickly able to correct that.

Any help is appreciated.

73, Don AA5AU