RE: [RTTY] SARTG - one more comment

To: "DJ3IW Goetz" <dj3iw@t-online.de>, "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] SARTG - one more comment
From: "Jim Martin - MM0BQI" <MM0BQI@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:55:45 +0100
Certainly many wide and distorted signals here making large sections of the
band unusable! Very hard to keep a run frequency with 40w and a low dipole
possibly due to my low signal being drowned out in the noise.
Judging by signal quality and the varied, and sometimes lengthy exchanges,
it would seem we need to share the 'best practice' of RTTY operating and
contesting with all those now taking part.
There is so much good information available by experienced operators which
could go a long way to improving the current situation, if only we could get
it out to those who may benefit from it.
Sadly the packet cheats were noticed here also!  A curse on their coax and
antennas!
Despite this SARTG is one of the best contests of the year. Great fun!
73 and cu next weekend.
Jim  MM0BQI