[RTTY] Fw: Re. RTTY Duty Cycles...

To: "RTTY GROUP" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Fw: Re. RTTY Duty Cycles...
From: "Jack West" <w7ld@olypen.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:56:32 -0700
From: Jack West
To: RTTY GROUP
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 7:45 AM
Subject: Re. RTTY Duty Cycles...

Hi Guys,
      For what it is worth, I have been digital contesting using a Kenwood
TS-940
at 100 watts every year since 1988.   It has been to the "radio doctor" four
times
over those years.  I run forced cooling from two large muffin fans that blow
onto
the entier back of the transciever.   I primarily CQ vice S & P.  This radio
has hours
and hours of CQing.  It hardly gets warm to the touch with extra cooling
flowing on
those heat sinks.   I run FSK exclusively.   It sure is a good old radio,
stable and
clean...it was a good investment back in 1988.
See ya in SCC
de Jack / W7LD

---