[RTTY] Frances

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Frances
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:37:25 -0500
The last time there was a storm named Frances was in 1998.  I was standing waist
deep in the duck pond getting pounded by rain and wind and couldn't see ten feet
in front me.  Didn't shoot many teal that weekend.

But those are memories and today I just wanted to tell those in Florida that I'm
praying for you.  I know the fear of a big storm coming because in the 1998 CQWW
RTTY contest, I had to shut down five hours into the contest to start boarding
up for Hurricane Georges.  We evacuated and luckily Georges mellowed a bit
before it took a sudden turn into Mississippi and spared us.

God be with you Floridians.

73, Don AA5AU