Re: [RTTY] New macros from HG4I!?

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New macros from HG4I!?
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 08:16:55 -0400
"UX1iL Konstantin" <ux1il@pub.dn.ua> wrote: "Today, in RusRTTY, i receive
new macros from HG4I:
PLEASE SPOT ME IN DX CLUSTER.
I understand it as " small cunnings " in self spotting!?"

"The use of non-Amateur Radio means of communication (for example, Internet
or telephone) to solicit a contact (or contacts) during the contest period
is not permitted", is usually an "accepted practice"?
IMHO, "self spotting" is far more obvious, when a "rare one" is spotted, and
the masses tune there, only to fine the "spotting station" calling CQ? I see
no problem for any station asking another, if packet assistance is
permitted, to be spotted? Considering the usual signal from HG4I, anyone
with their receiver turned on, should be able to find him?

C'Ya, Shelby