[RTTY] Re: just thought you might like to see

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Re: just thought you might like to see
From: WB2RHM - Ben Antanaitis <WB2RHM@ARRL.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:32:44 -0400
At 12:00 09/12/2004, you wrote:

From: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] just though you might like to see

In the past 5 days I've uploaded over 24,000 Qs going back a bunch of
years and it is very obvious to me the RTTY OPs are really using LOTW.
As I haven't done anything DXCC wise since getting the Phone and Mixed
certificates back in 1969 (yes, 1969), I'm not even sure of why I did it.

From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
ou did it because you can help others.  I am not interested in receiving
confirmations from LoTW (I still like paper QSLs), but am happy to upload
my logs so that others may have the benefit of them.

Jim, Larry,

Thank you both for doing this. Someday, hopefully soon, the ARRL will allow LoTW credits to be applied to WAS and other awards in addition to DXCC. Your selfless acts will allow 'newbies' like me (a 41 year ham but only getting serious about RTTY QSO/contesting over the past year), to get confirmations for RTTY contacts made a little easier

I have been trying to collect the 'paper' to make 5BWAS-RTTY mode and it is tough. Even though I send a QSL and an SASE to folks I need, some actually use my SASE to reply and say they 'do not QSL any longer', even though they list DXCC's and WAS's up the wazoo on their QRZ brag sheets and web sites. Perhaps, when it is as painless as sending in a contest log, most everyone will be able to exchange acceptable QSL's for all RTTY mode contacts via the LoTW.

Thanks again, 73,

Ben Antanaitis
WB2RHM