Re: [RTTY] STATES AS MULTIPLIERS IN CQWW RTTY DX?????

To: W0YR@aol.com, RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] STATES AS MULTIPLIERS IN CQWW RTTY DX?????
From: George Johnson <w1zt@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:24:53 -0400
Mike,
Answer to the "two" questions:
No, and Yes.

No, the exchange is RST and your State (not zone)

Yes, States and VE areas are mults.
73, and good luck,
George .. W1ZT

At 02:58 PM 9/22/2004, W0YR@aol.com wrote:
Guys,

Perhaps I have been asleep for the past ten years, but I don't remember US
States (48) being useful as multiplier in the CQ WW RTTY Contest.

The exchange... is RS(T) and your CQ Zone, as stated in paragraph VII of the
official rules.

Yet, in Paragraph X. it reads...

X. Multipliers:  One multiplier point for each U. S. state (48) and each
Canadian area (14) on each band.

IS THIS TRUE??????

I am looking at the official 2004 rules off the CQ Magazine website.

A little clarification, please!

Mike
W0YR/4