[RTTY] VU2WAP QRV CQWW

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VU2WAP QRV CQWW
From: "Tim Pearson" <ku4j@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:29:49 -0500
I just received a surprise TELEPHONE call from Miku, VU2WAP.  We had
previously exchanged a few
emails about RTTY frequencies and I was telling him that there was a lot of
interference/noise
around 14.090 - 14.092 in the US.

He asked several times if his RTTY operating practices were OK.  He said he
had been off of
RTTY for a couple of years and was anxious to get active again.  I told him
his operating
practices were FINE and if the pileup got too bad that he might want to try
working split
(not during the contest) by listening up 2-5 kHz.  He actually said I was
loud, even though
it took me 2 hours to work him ;-)

Miku said he would be operating in the CQWW/RTTY this weekend and would
primarily focus
on 20m but would also try 15m, 40m and 80m.  He said his rotator was broken
and his
antenna is fixed to the north, but he said that hasn't stopped him from
working EU, JA
and US (even VK/ZL).

Miku is a SUPER nice guy and it was a REAL treat to receive a phone call
from a new country the
same day you work him!

He also said be patient on QSLs, he usually waits until he gets a pile of
50/100 before he sits down and fills them out.  At the rate he is going
recently that shouldn't be a problem!

Listen for VU2WAP in CQWW.

73's Tim/KU4J