[RTTY] CQWW RTTY Contest . . . First

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY Contest . . . First
From: m0zak <m0zak@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:52:17 +0100
Hi,
My first foray into the world of digital communication took place this weekend in the CQWW RTTY contest. I guess, like most of you, I wanted my first digital qso to be a 'perfect' affair with an experienced operator that would spend sometime during the qso telling me that trace of my signal was this . . my typing was that . . advice on macro's etc etc . . .thats the romantic in me I suppose. . instead I used the contest to 'find my feet' with some 'rubber stamp' qso's, although some ops were willing to be quite chatty given it was a contest, which I did. . . I dont think my 41 qso's for 3700 odd points are going to trouble the big guns at all . . . everything, by and large, was taken at a rather leisurely pace here . . .I found an operating technique, after about 10 or so qso's, that suited me and my set up, which was search and pounce . . . I'm not going to 'wax lyrical' about digital communications but will say that I've missed out on one facet of this great hobby of ours for too long, which has now being remedied.
My thanks go to the people that gave me good advice . . .you know who you are . . .
Contest Statistics . . .
Average rate: 4.6 QSOs/hour

               QSO    G    EU    DX    Pts    DXCC    CQ    States
20m        20        0    17      3      43       14            6       1
15m        21         0    10     11     53       12            6      0
Total      41         0    27     14     96       26            12    1

Score: 96*39 = 3744 points
I will submit my log to the powers that be if for no other reason than to get a correct score . . . Thanks for the bandwidth . . .

Take care
Jim Steel
m0zak