Re: [RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP CQWW

To: WN1X@cox.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP CQWW
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:39:56 -0400 (EDT)
   Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:27:32 -0400
   From: Jim Littlefield <WN1X@cox.net>

   Phil Cooper wrote:

   >No FL stations heard - for obvious reasons - and I guess there weren't any
   >on, but what has happened on RI? Once upon a time, that was a difficult
   >State to work unless you could find Ray WF1B, but I think I had 4 or 5
   >different calls giving out RI!

   We may be small, but we are loud :-)

   I had a blast running the contest, even if I was only running 50 watts
   into an inverted-V in the attic of my condo. I even managed to work KH7X
   for a new state early Saturday morning. I also heard a HC8 station, but
   couldn't get through the pileup, sigh. Maybe next year...

Pileup on HC8N?  Wait a few hours, they'll still be there, and will
have worked everyone they can hear, and they can usually hear really
well.

I was really pleased to work the 5U with my 100W from the west coast,
although it took a LOT of time.  Good for my operating skills, bad for
my rate.

I couldn't hear the TF3 nor the VQ9 well enough to try though.
And saw no sign of some of the other DX.

Look for me from various VP8 QTHs and from ZD9 next spring.  I'll be
traveling by square-rigger, but am hoping for some good times ashore.

73, doug