[RTTY] DL6JZ: CQWW SOAB-ASSISTED

Subject: [RTTY] DL6JZ: CQWW SOAB-ASSISTED
From: dl6jz@t-online.de (Dr. Wolf-E. Gruening)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:22:33 -0000
Hello,

it was a nice weekend again. My goal was to reach my 1.080 QSOs and 1.25
million points from 2002 again. In 2003 I was active as SOSB 80M.
Because of the lower sunspot number this year I had to improve my station
for this goal. So I equipped my FT-1000MP with narrow INRAD-filters on both
IFs (400 Hz and 300 Hz bandwith). The result was exciting. The bands were
full of RTTY stations but I had not so much problems with QRM as in the
contests before.
After the first 7 hour I realized that it would not be possible to work so
much mults as in 2002. So I reduced my goal down to 1,000 QSOs und 1,000,000
points.

Highlights were 9U6PM,  VU2WAP, SU8BHI, B1Z, EM1HO (10M!), 9J2KC and HC8N
from 80 m to 15 m. I could not break through the pile up when ZL2AMI was
very strong here in the sunday morning hours. But Bob called me in the
evening and gave me two more mults. Thank you.
The lowlight is that I could work in 2002 19 states/provinces and this year
only 12 on 40 m. Where were you boys from IA, KS, MN, ...?

I appreciate the friendly atmosphere in this contest and was glad to meet so
much well known calls and so much of the guys who were at the HAM-Radio in
Friedrichshafen this year!

Here are my claimed scores:

2004   CQ World-Wide RTTY DX Contest

CALL: DL6JZ
      Single Op. Assisted (all band only)
        QSOs Points Zones   DX  States Multipliers Score
80m:     246    478    10   45     7
40m:     225    475    17   52    12
20m:     346    878    27   59    41
15m:     232    621    25   62    26
10m:      16     45     9   10
Total:  1065   2497    88  228    86      402    1003794

Station Description: FT-1000MP + h.m. PA / 400 watts
Antenna(s):          3 ele Tribander , dipole
Software:            WriteLog 10.48
Operators:           DL6JZ

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ