[RTTY] Makrothen contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Makrothen contest
From: "Roger Cooke" <rcooke@g3ldi.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:27:19 -0000
Hi.

 Just finished a 20 meter entry in the Makrothen, albeit not the full
time.

BAND    FSK
===============
80        0
40        0
20      230
15        0
10        0

Claimed Score: 1185411 pts (km)
Avg Km Per Q : 5131

However, a few points to note and wonder if anybody else noticed...

1  Callsigns did not highlight at all during the contest. Not a
problem, but
it is nice to have them highlight as it saves a lot of time. Is it
something
I should have done in set-up?

2  When a station sends something like this: G3xxx de W3xxx GM45-GM45
bk - I
click on the call and it enters in the log. Clicking on the FIRST G
puts the
whole string in the call window, and I could not get used to clicking
on that
second G for ages!!!  Even if the hyphen is left out the GM45 is then
transferred
into the call window. It HAS to be the second G in order for it to
work.

 I am using 10.50D by the way

The other very embarassing point: I came back to RTTY after having a
SSB sked and
accused a W9 of keying upside down; took me ages to decode his
response, only then
did I find out he was telling me that it was me that was keying upside
down. Hmmmm
this G3 thing is getting serious!

  Pleased with 8P2, VU2, VR2, HS1 and DU7.

73 de Roger G3LDI
rcooke@g3ldi.freeserve.co.uk
g3ldi@amsat.org
g3ldi@qsl.net