[RTTY] JARTS age stats

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] JARTS age stats
From: Brian <bejo@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:14:08 +1300
Hi All,
Just my 2bob's worth from down under,
Only worked 100 Q's in the contest unable to give a 100% due to other things.
Oldest I worked 2 @ 71
Youngest 13.
 It seems as if 53 is the average age, ie anyone over 53 is an old gun and any
one under is a young gun.
Did a quick average of ages over the100 Q's into ZL4:   average age was 45.8yrs
round it it up to 46yrs.
This raises the question for me, what is happening to the old guns??
As i am over 53 then I must be above average [some people may question this] it
has taken me 20yrs to move from a Mini [other modes] to a Rolls Royce [RTTY] so
from where I'm sitting things are in good heart and  the young guns are on the
move.
Cheers
Cookie
ZL4AD