[RTTY] RTTY in 7.1 to 7.2

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY in 7.1 to 7.2
From: "Andy swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:01:41 +0000
Hi,

This is my first post to this list.  I've been using rtty, mainly in
contests, for nearly a year.  On the eve of waedc rtty last year I
downloaded mmtty, just to see what it was all about!!  300 qsos later I
was well and truly hooked!  It was a bit of a steep learning curve and
mmtty alone although being a fine program isn't too suited as a contest
logger!  I now use N1MM with the mmtty engine.

So I'm looking forward to the WAE contest as the anniversary of my RTTY
contesting.  Now my question:

The UK (and LA, 9A, EI?) now have access to 7.1 to 7.2. Is there any
interest in using this section for qsos during wae rtty. The region 1
area between 7035 and 7045 gets incredibly congested during contests and
its often very difficult to make qsos with US and SA stations because of
the QRM.

I notice that according to http://www.iaru-r2.org/hf_e.htm 7100 to 7120
is bandplanned for digimodes in IARU region 2, any possiibility of
transatlantic qsos in this part of the band?

Cheers
Andy gm8oeg