[RTTY] AC7ZG - Ur diatribe - DE AI2Q

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AC7ZG - Ur diatribe - DE AI2Q
From: "AI2Q" <ai2q@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:30:01 -0500
Donald:

In your diatribe including the following,

"I watched this as well. A I could see OCCASIONALLY between the constant US
calls was a QRZ de VU2WAP?
Most time these US stations were right on top when the VU was
transmitting....Here's a snippet of what I saw in just 3 minutes of
operation (straight off the mixw screen):
DE KU4J KU4J KU4J KU
DE FM1? KX2B  K
DE KU4J KU4J V
VDE K3PX K3PX K3PX KHMCHAI2Q AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q BK
DE KU4J KU4J KU4J KU4J BK
QRZ e VU2WAP k
DE KU4JLKU
JLUQ
AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q
AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q
AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q AI2Q
FSR+1::
 K8KWT K8KZT C
VK2WAP R
GFIKWTIXDXRA K2FWT K8((25 K
OFJMKPV3 PBL
De VXYWARUVL=++1(6# VWIJLQCYS
VU2WAP DE KU4J KU4J KU4J KU4J BK
AI2Q AI2UPNPKCQ AI2Q
AI2Q AI2Q AI2QKKK

These guys weren't listening -- some like AI2Q were just sending constantly
KU4J would send repeatedly after the others sent...
Particularly disturbing were the 3 lines by 5 calls of AI1Q -- he wasn't
going to let anyone else call...."

...you publicly accused me of "sending constantly."  How discourteous of you to
chastise me that way! I have been a ham for 45 years, and I have learned to
make calls in whatever manner I deem proper and consistent with good operating
practices, regardless of the staccato manner most MIXW operators employ for
their brief contest-manic 'hello-goodby UR 599' operations.

What you utterly failed to realize before you started your public rant was that
I was operating a Model 28 Teletype Corp. teleprinter machine, and not a PC
with a sound card. Moreover, you didn't know that VU2WAP is a DX friend of
mine. It is my perogative to call him properly, and to gain his attention by a
call of whatever length I deem appropriate. What's more, you have absolutely no
way of knowing what I am hearing at my QTH, regardless of conditions at your
QTH.

== AI2Q, Alex .-.-.