[RTTY] updating QSL-status from LOTW-report

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] updating QSL-status from LOTW-report
From: f6irf@free.fr
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:57:22 +0100
Let see if anybody has a solution for this one:

- I am looking for a solution to be able to update the QSL status of my general
log, according to the LOTW report (in adi format)
I have tried various general-logging programs, but did not manage to get
anything but duplicate entries...

The problem is not as simple as it first looks, as you have to admit a certain
number of tolerances for example:
- the frequency > in my log it is the exact frequency logged from CAT, while in
the LOTW report it is the generic beginning of the band freq.
- The UTC > may be some differences between my log and the QSL (assume the UTC
is the one from my correspondant log - one may consider beginning of the QSO
others end of the QSO...)
A few addtional problems like "mode mapping" are to be taken into account > for
ex. modes like JT6M or JT44 are just called "DATA" for LOTW...

The idea is to combine the information in the same data base while it is
currently in 3 different (general log, LOTW and BV7 qsl program )

Guess it should be possible to do something with access, but does anybody has
already studied the question ?