Re: [RTTY] Kenwood TS-850, soundcard interface & FSK

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Kenwood TS-850, soundcard interface & FSK
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:32:14 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <Vtnn43e@aol.com>
To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 11:43 AM
Subject: [RTTY] Kenwood TS-850, soundcard interface & FSK

Is anyone out there using a TS-850 and a soundcard interface for FSK? I would like to get on RTTY but am confused as to how to hook up everything together.

As near as I can tell all I have to do is use the following on the ACC2 13 pin Din plug; pin 3 fixed audio and pin 4 audio ground for audio to the interface. On the back of the rig there is a RCA connector for FSK in. Can I just use that and the fixed audio from the ACC2 plug?

You also need PTT from the rigblaster to the 13 pin DIN, or to the front panel mic connector (works in all modes). Some software (e.g. Writelog) can send a PTT command over the rs-232 line, so PTT is not needed in those cases.

I hate that little 13 pin DIN, so I take audio from the speaker jack, and use rs-232 command PTT.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ