[RTTY] ok test

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ok test
From: "Michael Bazley" <vk6hd@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:37:51 +0800
Thought I would go single band on 80m..got on 30mins before sunset....1130z
s/s..Just noise until N2WK came on with a genunine 599 signal...I also heard
him on the long path in the morning wkg Eu...
No other USA hrd/wkd and the only other staion was VR2BG...after listening to
band noise for some time went onto 160 and put a CQ out on CW, 40 minutes later
40 USA stations in the log...where were the USA stations for rtty 80m? Went to
bed at 1330z and was up agn at 1800z...0200 local..a few watery European
signals so QSYed to 160 and worked some stations in the Stew Perry test. Back
to 80m rtty and was able to QSO a few stations until 45 minutes after my
sunrise..last QSO at 2137z.
Pity there was not more USA participation on the low band.
73 es happy new year de Mike VK6HD