RE: [RTTY] VU4NRO on RTTY - soon

To: <deuxfox@earthlink.net>, "Alex" <a45wd@yahoo.com>,<rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] VU4NRO on RTTY - soon
From: George Johnson <w1zt@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:13:27 -0500
Don, Alex et al,
I also needed ONE QSO. I found them on 20m CW this morning at 1130z and got through at about 1200z. I could never hear them well enough on SSB but the solar flux went to 94 today and CW was very clean. RTTY would have been OK this morning also. Long Path was open about 45 minutes.

The CW pile up had the "usual" behavior:'
Constant calling independent of the DX station requests
On freq calling when he says Up
Plenty of cops
Plenty of carriers and hecklers

For me, CW is easier in these conditions: SSB is a Zoo as often noted; RTTY was possible with signals this morning but PSK would have been much more difficult.
I will also be listening for RTTY but, as Alex mentioned, PSK seems to be their digital choice.
73, George .. W1ZT