[RTTY] RTTY Novice

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Novice
From: "Paul Mackanos" <paul@ProHomeInspector.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:52:34 -0500

Good morning, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I have an Icom 746Pro, and Rigblaster Pro, which I purchased last month for
the SSB Sweepstakes for use at K2NNY. It is such a great product; I have
decided to use it to get on digital modes. This is a big switch for me, as I
am totally a CW man, and the only time I get on ssb is for contesting at
K2NNY.

Anyway:

I spent a few hours with RTTY Rick, W1TY, as we call him here, trying to get
this set-up working on RTTY. We played and played with MMTTY, and I finally
made my first RTTY QSO in 42 years on  RTTY with W1TY, on AFSK - what a pain
that was.

This morning, I went to West Mountain Radio and purchased another serial
port cable, and the interface cable for audio and fsk for the 746Pro.

I guess I have all I need to do anything with this set-up, just have to wait
for it to arrive, and I will be setting it all up.

Anyone using this set-up, and are all of you strictly RTTY or do you use the
other modes ? As a 42 year ham, I am a novice as far as this stuff goes. Any
help will be appreciated.

73 de Paul K2DB