[RTTY] GU0SUP - Thanks

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP - Thanks
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:27:17 -0000
Hi again all,

Thanks for all the nice emails! I had too many to be able to respond
individually, much as I would have liked.

I am having to type using only my left hand, which isn't as easy as it first
seems! And trying to use the mouse left-handed is real hard work.

The first 24 hours have been interesting. My right arm is tightly strapped
against my body, which is OK, but I keep getting muscle spasms, which are
quite painful. I get this if I try to move around, standing up, sitting down
etc. I had to sleep in a chair last night, and guess I will do the same for
the next few nights at least.

The bone in my upper arm is broken in two places, in a V shape, and it looks
as though I will be off work for about 8 weeks!

I am due to go to the fracture clinic next tuesday morning, although I am
not quite sure what will happen then.

I am having enough trouble typing this email, and staying comfortable, so
although a contest is all macro-driven, I don't think I could handle it with
my left hand alone! Besides, the morphine seems to take away a sense of
time, so my response may come too late!

Thanks again for all the good wishes, and I will let you know how I get on!

73 all
Phil GU0SUP