[RTTY] Questions about MicroHam Keyer with MMTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Questions about MicroHam Keyer with MMTTY
From: Norman Wald <normanwald@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:14:08 -0600
I spent the entire weekend trying to get my RTTY running, and it had been working 3 weeks ago. Does anyone on the list have a similar combination of gear to mine that I can get advice from?

microHam Keyer (microHam USB Device Router version 1.13) Using virtual COM port 5.
MicroHam MK IC 13 cable assembly
MMTTY (version 1.65B)
HP OmniBook XE3 (Windows XP Pro)
Icom 706MKIIG

The HP laptop has a headphone jack, cable goes to MK soundcard port OUT - and a microphone jack, cable goes to MK soundcard port IN. Everything else hooked up by the book using MK IC 13 cable assembly.

Therefore there is no cable from MK soundcard port MIC.

It had been running perfectly, I obviously screwed up the MMTTY or Device Router settings.

And big apologies to anyone in the ARRL contest this weekend who heard me transmitting "No Tones, No Modulation, No Mark, Just Space".

Finally, how do you do a screen snapshot in Windows XP? On my Macintosh it's a snap (pun intended).

Norman W9VQ
--

Norman Wald
Amateur Radio W9VQ