[RTTY] What is the best rtty rig?

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] What is the best rtty rig?
From: Neal Campbell and Sarah Ferrell <k3nc@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 06:59:29 -0500
The question from yc2ecg is an interesting one, but would like to hear everyone's opinion on what is the best rig period.

I have had four main rigs since getting into RTTY, a TS-940, FT-1000D, IC-775DSP and a IC-756pro2. I could not tell some difference between the 1000D and the 775dsp, as the latter was not as susceptible to signal overload from nearby stations. I only ran the pro2 in one serious attempt, this year's naqp and was very pleased with it, the dsp filters were quite effective.

73 Neal