Re: [RTTY] Re: Icom IC-756PROIII PowerPoint Presentation

To: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@arrl.net>,rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Icom IC-756PROIII PowerPoint Presentation
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:27:45 +0000
Dick,

I can speak for the Pro II. Yes, you can operate either AFSK or FSK and still use the special RTTY filter for 2125, 2295 tones. Just remember to turn OFF that noisy Twin Peak Filter and you have the very good sharp special RTTY which as far as I can determine is just as good as the Data filter centered at 1500 Hz. I used AFSK during Bartg, but just realized that since I had set up Digipan for the VU4 operation (a FSK/PTT/CW box) that I now had a comm port for FSK. That is what I have been using this week. And will use FSK on both rigs during WPX.

Jerry