Re: [RTTY] Spot Originating Stations

To: "WI8W" <wi8w@wi8w.org>, "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Spot Originating Stations
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:36:13 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "WI8W" <wi8w@wi8w.org>
To: "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 6:07 AM
Subject: [RTTY] Spot Originating Stations

Shelby Wrote:

"How much more valuable, to all, it would be, if the location of theoriginating station(s) for each spot were listed? I'm not really interested in spots generated by the "next door neighbor", of 6O, but would be interested if the spot was generated by my "next door neighbor"!

I agree Shelby, but unfortunately the RTTY DX Notes I get each week never put in the originating station in the listings. That is where I got the spots from. The person asking for info was looking for just some indication that the station was active on RTTY.

I use the RTTY DX Notes primarily just to know that a particular operation is or is not on RTTY, nothing else. My local DX Cluster can report past spots but I have not figured out how to do it yet. Your local Dx Cluster, if you use one, should be able to supply the same info.

de WI8W
Check out the free 'AR & Spider Front End program' called ARU at www.ve7cc.net

This program provide ways to:
show the originating state/province or country of a dx spot
can filter on mode dependent
can do a 'sh/dx rtty' which will show past rtty spots.

It also provides for a ann/full type of rtty only spots
It also provides for a 'CHAT' line of rtty users which is sort of a real time rtty reflector.

I use this program to prefilter cluster spots and then automagically forward them to my normal logging program or to Writelog during contests.

Oh, and did I mention that is was FREE?

And on top of everything Lee, the author is VERY helpful and quick to add new features when possible.

Also has real time WWV, Solar Warnings and you can even specify that spots be prefiltered on 'foul language, known troublemaker callsigns, etc. etc.