[RTTY] VE7CF WPX SOAB high claimed

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VE7CF WPX SOAB high claimed
From: "Jack Wiebe" <parbuster@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:01:25 -0800
Great fun, although my score wasn't quite up to last year's. 80 and 40 meters were very noisy here in the Vancouver area - had S-9 noise both nights. I think my neighbour's new electronic air filtration system may have something to do with it. Thanks to all who gave me a contact.

And, Dale W6IWO, has it right re The RTTY Journal's contribution to the growth of this mode. Who can forget the famous series articles by Irv Hoff, W6FFC, on the ST series of TUs and the UT-2 and UT-4 re-generators - as well as many other writers who contributed to that little magazine. I certainly enjoyed it during its' hayday years.

Incidentally, anyone interested in a fully functional model 28ASR complete with Hal ST-5 tu? Just kidding, but can't bring myself to take it to the scrap metal dealer just yet.

2005 WPX details: Rig: IC-765 driving Heath HL-2200 Linear
QSO points: 1899 Power: 400 watts
Prefixes : 287 Antennas: TA-36 at 50ft, inverted vees 80 es 40M
Total Q's : 671
Score : 545,013

Jack, VE7CF