Re: [RTTY] PDA/Pocket PC

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PDA/Pocket PC
From: Keith Regli <keith@kregli.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:49:50 -0700
I wrote something for a Palm a year ago that would send pre-programmed RTTY
out the serial port.  I tested a couple of different Palm models and their
serial ports would do 45 baud.  I may have done the same for a PPC, but I
don't remember for sure.  The difficulty is that these devices don't have a
lot of IO capability or easy typing.  Limits what you can do.  I haven't
played with it since then.  I think I did a search of the free/shareware
sites for RTTY programs and didn't find much.

I think the newest PDAs probably have the horsepower to decode a signal,
Chen would probably know...

Keith Regli (K7KAR)
mailto:keith@kregli.com
http://www.kregli.com