Re: [RTTY] SWACC Team 1 NAQP Claimed Score

To: K6LL@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] SWACC Team 1 NAQP Claimed Score
From: "llindblom@juno.com" <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:27:14 GMT
Way to go  SWACC Team 1!!  Great score.  Nice to see some close competition as
that stimulates people to try even harder next time.

73, Larry W0ETC

-- "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net> wrote:
So, I'm sitting here early this afternoon, sweating out the
naqp team scores.

All of AA5AU's Team SO2R scores are in, and those guys are
sitting at 554,246 points. I have all of the SWACC #1
scores, except for Mark, K5AM, who is a little late in
reporting. With the four scores that I have, we are standing
at 439,868, so we need a score of 114,379 from Mark to win.
I look back at last year's results, and Mark's score last
year was 99,640. Things are looking pretty glum. I talked to
David, W7WW, on the phone, and we agreed that our only hopes
were that:
1. Maybe Mark went through the contest like a wild man with
his hair on fire, or
2. Maybe Don forgot to register his team with NCJ, since it
was not listed on the 3830 pulldown list. (I know, this is
desperate thinking.)

I picked up the e-mail a few minutes ago, and there was
Mark's score. I was almost afraid to look. I held my hands
in front of my eyes and peeked through my fingers at the
e-mail, and there was his bottom line - 133,144!  The guy
came through! An amazing performance, his first time ever
with two radios!

So here are the SWACC #1 Team claimed scores:

K6LL  135,400
K5AM  133,144
K7WM  110,898
W7WW  110,445
AD6WL  83,125
TOTAL 573,012

See you in the RTTY Sprint in two weeks. There's a team
competition in that one, too.
Win or lose, this is fun stuff.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ