Re: [RTTY] USB 2.0 external sound processor

To: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>,"RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] USB 2.0 external sound processor
From: "Mark, K5AM" <k5am@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:06:53 +0000
At 06:07 2005-03-03, David Hachadorian K6LL wrote:
>.... has the Philips mdl PSC805/17 USB 2.0
>external sound processor on sale for $29.99 with free
>shipping. ...

Dave,

The Phillips looks like it is geared for
multiple speakers, which may not be what we
need.

With my Toshiba laptop and XP pro, I have had
good results with the external

Soundblaster USB MP3+

part number: 70SB027000000

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?c
ategory=1&subcategory=207&product=154

googled price 37.00 and up
the part number alone works best in google

Free shipping at
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=103
53473&loc=&PageFormat=1

I have had very good results with buy.com

The name is misleading; we don't use MP3. The
name is just to attract buyers.

I like the simplicity of the 4 phono jacks,
in/out, left/right, for SO2R. It works well
for me with SO2R and WriteLog/MMTTY, one
computer, no networking.

73,

Mark, K5AM
Homebrew station: