[RTTY] RTTY announcements on AR-Clusters

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY announcements on AR-Clusters
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 07:23:23 -0700
Almost a year ago, we started utilizing the regional announcement capability
of AR-Clusters to send announcements of interest only to RTTY ops.  It
hasn't been mentioned lately so I thought I'd send a reminder.

As long as your AR-Cluster sysop has enabled it for his node and any users
who have requested to receive them, you can send an announcement just to
those users.  If you connect to an AR-Cluster (there's a list available at
http://www.ab5k.net/ArcNodeList.aspx) then you should be able to send a RTTY
announcement with the format:

     A/RTTY message

Insert your actual message in place of "message" above.

Possible uses include reminders of RTTY contests, RTTY DX activities,
invitations to get on the air to check propagation (e.g., the recent 6M RTTY
discussion), getting real-time answers to questions rather than using
reflector postings, or whatever.

Both VE7CC and DXbase have included special provisions for RTTY
announcements in their programs.  Their web site are http://ve7cc.net/ and
http://www.dxbase.com/.

Jim McDonald, N7US
Mesa, Arizona

AR-Cluster node N7US: 145.09 MHz or telnet to n7us.net
AZ DX Cluster Users' reflector: