[RTTY] BARTG GU0SUP SOAB (LP!)

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG GU0SUP SOAB (LP!)
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:26:03 -0000
Hi all,

I am pleased it wasn't just me that found it hard going! I even got out the
MFJ analyser, just to check that the antenna was working as it was supposed
to!

I started late on Saturday morning, and 15m was open nicely to JA from here,
and I managed to get all 6 continents quite quickly and easily.
I had a short break around lunchtime to do some chores (shopping etc!), and
when I got back, 15m was quiet as can be. Where had the signals gone? Every
now and then, a station would pop up at S9+, and then go just as quickly.  I
had to rely on 20m to pick up the W/VE call areas, and it was real hard
work.
Conditions on Sunday were marginally better, in that 15m did open to W/VE
but only sporadically, and it did seem to be "one way propagation" at times.
Around 1815UTC, I could print WA6NOL at S9+10, but he wasn't hearing me, or
the other EU stations calling him.

I also did something I knew I shouldn't! And that was to install Writelog
10.53E just before the contest! Happily, it all worked fine, and I didn't
have any surprises.
One query though............ any spots from W1AJT/VE3 were not transferred
from the packet window to the bandmap! Any thoughts?

Something that bothered me was responses that did not include any callsign
info, such as TU 599 001 001 0900 SK as this will have caused me to be in
logs of those I did not work!
When I replied to a CQ call, I would get someone call me, and the response
directed AT me was taken by the other one as FROM me to HIM. Ah well,
they'll learn! It did irk me once though, in that the one who called me was
a mult, and when I tried to work him later, he wouldn't listen to the reason
why.
When CQ'ing, I got called by SP4MPG, so I sent the report, and he sent me:
AA5AU AA5AU UR 599 386 386 1141 and when I tried to check, he just said TU
and went, so I didn't log it.

It was good to get ZL2AMI on 3 bands, and ZC4LI on 4, but overall, serial
numbers were very low. I even managed to spend an hour in the hot tub, which
relaxed my arm nicely!

So, here is the tally...........

         QSOs   DX:     Call Areas
80m:      31     17     0
40m:      55    30      1
20m:     161    44      17
15m:      57    21      10
10m:      1     1       0
Total:  305
Continents:     6
Total multipliers:      141
Score:          258030

Many thanks to all for the patience, and my log will be on LoTW very soon.

73 all
Phil GU0SUP