[RTTY] 2 MMTTY sessions on 1 soundcard

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] 2 MMTTY sessions on 1 soundcard
From: f6irf@free.fr
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:06:18 +0100
Hi,

This is some information for Writelog users.

Following a few emails exchanges I had with Dirk, ON4ADZ, Walter DL4RCK, and
after reading WA9ALS page, I did some tests yesterday evening from our club
station (4U1ITU) with the WL-setup I used last year for the EA-test (
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2004-04/msg00171.html )

My initial idea was that WA9ALS statement (
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/so2r-mmttyx2.htm ) (in short running 2 MMTTY sessions
under WL requires 2 soundcards), may not be true anymore with XP. I am using 2
MMTTY windows, on 1 soundcard under N1MM for monthes, so I knew that the
"impossibility" was not due to the MMTTY engine.

Verified: With WL Under XP, it is possible to run 2 MMTTY instances, sharing
the same soundcard one input set for left stereo channel, one set for right
stereo channel (obvioulsy requires a stereo input - not a mic input).

Limitations and msc info:
- MMTTY audio-input settings are saved for only one of 2 instances (so you need
to go to the MMTTY setup each time you restart). The FSK COM-ports are saved
normaly as they are setup in the WL digital interfaces. Might be possible to
solve this problem using 2 MMTTY program-install located in different
directories, but did not investigate further...
- If using FSK on both radios (recommended), the headphone can simply be
connected to the PC audio-out. WL-DVK setting needs to be set to "none" (and
program restarted), so there is no action on the windows mixer when switching
radio-left/radio-right (for SO2R-TTY you probably want to have both radios all
the time in the headphone one in right hear , one in left hear.)
- For some reason which I have not clarified yet it does not seem possible to
use WL-recording feature, as it will restablish WL action on windows mixer.
Might be a solution to this problem - did not have much time to investigate.

Happy Easter and see you in EA-test... Pat

PS: The information on John's page remains valid, except that you do not need to
change the device when opening the second MMTTY window. just select left or
right... Once again it will only work under windows XP !