Re: [RTTY] Disturbance from station on adjoining freq

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Disturbance from station on adjoining freq
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:59:17 -0500
 "K C Selvadurai" <kcselva@starhub.net.sg> wrote: "During a RTTY contest
last month, I had spells of difficulty copying the number given to me in
response to my cq call. This was because another station was transmitting on
a frequency close by.
Hello Selva. I'm sure that your, a "much wanted" multiplier in most, if not
all, contests! Other than doing all that you have done, I think that you
have to establish just how serious your participation is in that particular
contest? IMHO, absolutely no one wins a "frequency fight"? If your
participation is "casual",  just staying where you are would seem OK? If
your participation is "serious", I believe that it is in your best interest
to find the "best possible" frequency, that will allow you to best maximize
your "on the air" time? One other thing: "the more participation, and isn't
that what we all want, the more crowded the bands will be"! I have been able
to find clear frequencies, above, and below, the "traditional" RTTY
frequencies.
73, Shelby - K4WW