Re: [RTTY] ARRL Bandwidth Proposal

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL Bandwidth Proposal
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:41:48 -0500
On 4/14/05, Skip Teller <hteller@comcast.net> wrote:
> The ARRL Executive Committee has just published the proposed ARRL petition to
> segment the
> bands by bandwidth instead of by mode.
>
> You can read the news release here:
>
> http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/stories/2005/04/13/1/?nc=1
>
> It might be a good idea to figure out how it will impact RTTY contesting and
> DXing if the
> FCC agrees and then send your comments to bandwidth@arrl.org and to your
> Division Director.

I did read it - thanks for the link.  I should know this, but since
I'm at work, apparently I've forgotten: What is the bandwidth of a 170
Hz-shift RTTY signal?  It's more than 170 Hz, but by how much!?

Also, this "semi-auto" thing seems like a pretty big loophole ...

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail