[RTTY] W0ETC Health DELETE if Not Interested.

To: rtty@contesting.com, TCG@k4ro.net
Subject: [RTTY] W0ETC Health DELETE if Not Interested.
From: "llindblom@juno.com" <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:09:05 GMT
The past four weeks have not been the most fun I've had in my life.  Due to my
Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia again being active, I had chemotherapy therapy in
March on St Patrick's day.  Since then I have had blood test twice per week and
review of the results by a chemotherapy nurse who consults with a  doctor as
needed.

As a result of either the CLL or chemotherapy I've had problems with low
Hemoglobin (as low as 7.6 with the desired value around 13 or 14). Low
hemoglobin causes shortness of breath, muscles tiring easily, an increased
heart rate, and sometimes angina.

As a result of the low Hemoglobin I've had three transfusions of two units of
blood each.  A week ago today they started me on steroids to stimulate
hemoglobin production.  Based on today's lab work the doctor thinks they are
starting to work as my Hemoglobin had a slight increase from 10.0 Monday to
10.2 today.

The doctor feels it is time for another round of chemotherapy so Monday (4/18)
it will be sitting 6+ hours in a chair and watching the IV drip.

73 Larry L

W0ETC