Re: [RTTY] Writelog & MMTTY Engine Fails

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Writelog & MMTTY Engine Fails
From: "Byron Lichtenwalner" <w3wkr@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:02:39 -0400
Lloyd
I have had this problem several times as I installed upgrades.
Removing the writelog.ini file (In the C: directory), then reinstalling will
build a new ini file, and has always worked for me.

If you have lots of saved info in the ini file, you can also remove the only
the section on mmtty and rittyrite, and let the installation replace it.

Both have worked for me.

Byron, W3WKR
From: "Lloyd S. Smith" <nx4w@cox.net>
Subject: [RTTY] Writelog & MMTTY Engine Fails

> I have the newest version of Writelog, 10.54c and MMTTY engine 165B and I
cannot get them to work. When I select the MMTTY mode, the MMTTY window
starts to open and then Rttyrite starts to open.  Then the windows error
message box pops up and says sorry Rttyrite has to close with the suggestion
that I notify Microsoft of the problem.  I close that window and MMTTY
continues to run, but of course I cannot see what's coming in because there
is no Rttyrite running.  I have tried everything I can think of including
uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything three times.  Has anyone
else had this problem?