Re: [RTTY] MMTTY & Icom IC735 Linkage

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY & Icom IC735 Linkage
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:19:12 -0700
Hi Phil

You might try making a "Y" connector at the speaker output and hook that up
to your computer.  I used to run a FT-840 on RTTY and it had an af output in
the back, but it wasn't enough to do the job properly.

Also, on the MMTTY setup, you need to have the program setup for AFSK or
FSK, whichever mode you are going to use.  I would imagine that the IC735 is
set up for AFSK.

Also, there is an option to setup the input and output volume of the
program.  Go to option/setup sound card input/output.  Also, you need to
click on the volume control on the computer and see where the volume is set
there.  Sometimes that is set to "mute" and it won't work right either.

Good luck and hope to work you on RTTY.

Tom W7WHY