[RTTY] W3AO Field Day announcement

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W3AO Field Day announcement
From: "Tyler Stewart" <k3mm@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:43:23 -0400
This weekend is ARRL Field Day for IARU Region 2 stations, but all are
invited and encouraged to participate.

N3OC and I will be spearheading the digital operation from W3AO in Maryland,
a joint effort betweeen Columbia Amateur Radio Assn and Potomac Valley Radio
Club.  We are making a special effort on digital this year to see what is
possible.

We want to encourage ALL digital stations from around the world to join in
and show the strength of the digital modes of RTTY and PSK.  We will be very
aggressive about passing between bands and ask that everyone try to move
with us from band to band as much as possible.  We especially encourage
operators to try bands other than 20 meters!

I will also be making a special effort to work DX on Sunday, with a small
beam pointed towards Europe if all goes according to plan.

Complete rules on FD are at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/forms/05-fd-Rules.pdf .

Briefly, it starts at 1800Z this Saturday and ends for most at 1800Z Sunday,
although some may be on until 2100Z.

Exchange is:  <number of simultaneous transmitters><Class> <ARRL/RAC Section
or "DX">

For example, a commercially powered home station in Europe, the exchange
would be "1D DX"

Use "E" for generator power from a home station.  True mobiles use "C" as
their class.

Note that class D stations may not work other class D stations for this
event.

You may work each station once per band on 3 modes: SSB, CW, Digital.

Hope to CU this weekend!

Ty K3MM
@W3AO FD