Re: [RTTY] FD 2005 RTTY/PSK Observations

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FD 2005 RTTY/PSK Observations
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:43:29 -0500
Jerry,

As noted my operating time was limited by rude inconsiderate friends that
decided to get married FD weekend. HiHi   I only spent a few hours and there
seemed to be a lot of activity on 20 and 40 in both RTTY and PSK.  The bands
were not that good and I think that favored the PSK activity. The spectral
display was showing all kinds of PSK signals on both bands.  It was kind of
fun to dig out the weaker signals. Chen's (W7AY) cocoaModem software really
helped with the weak signal detection/decoding.  It will be interesting to
see an breakdown of the submitted logs to see just how may digital QSO's
were recorded.  You may want to post something to reflector for feedback
from others.  Some of the hard core contesters may have been using a club
call and they can give you a better assessment than me.

73 de Dick, AA5VU