Re: [RTTY] FW: Soundcard specifics - was Laptop Choices

To: <n2ki@arrl.net>, "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FW: Soundcard specifics - was Laptop Choices
From: "Charles" <kk5oq@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 03:24:50 -0700
Tony,
 I did not see the original message about LT soundcards with WL & RITTY.
I have used LT's with the EDD sound chip and the one the Dell's had in
them prior to the XP LT's. I used the mike out(LT) and 100:1 divider
going into mike(rig) running AFSK.
Never tried the FSK interface from a LT.
OS has to be 95 or 98 for RITTY to work.  It's been a few years but I
recall the Dell's had the dual channel's and you could run RITTY and the
MMTTY plugin. You could see how well RITTY out copied MMTTY. I might
have had two networked together in that setup as it
has been a few years.
Not knocking MMTTY as it's a great program.
I finnaly got around to using WL in a contest and never had one lockup
on an old 486
Machine with WL/RITTY in the 10 hour contest. I used an old EPS LT as a
monitor in the contest and what called was missed on the desktop the LT
picked it up, especially on 80meters. I see those old LT's in the paper
for under a 100 bucks all the time.
Re-prep the hardrive and get rid of a gazillion files in windows and
registry you do not use for contesting and you can get them to run WL in
6 seconds and startup/shutdown in about the same about of time.
Gl
Charles/kk5oq