Re: [WriteLog] Ad fraud

To: k4sb@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Ad fraud
From: Dave L Thompson <k4jrb@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 16:42:00 -0400
Ed,

KA9FOX has it set up so that you show your IP location when you place an
ad.
This way if its not you he can look at your IP and know it.  The rub is
that he only has a short screen (73) and someone can list until you call
them as you did.

I have sold about 10 or 11 items so he knows my IP address and quickly
knows if its fake.

Sorry about the problem.  If he used your e-mail address wonder what the
person was trying to do...that I do not understand.  WB6ACU tells me he
has seen some of his old boatanchor gear show up on Ebay after he bought
it.  Guess they down load the pic and description.  Most recent was the
SX-88 he bought for $7500 (yes 7500).   Autos seem to be a frequent
target, too.

73 Dave K4JRB