Re: [RTTY] Sartg Friday night

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sartg Friday night
From: Graeme Caselton <gcaselton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:11:16 -0700 (PDT)
On the other side of the pond things were much the same.
The contest started at 01:00 here with AD4EB one of the
strongest on 20M into G, closely followed by K4GMH.
Otherwise it was all European traffic. 40m around 01:30
also had a number of east-coast stations, including VA1 and
AA4.

The evening session on 20m was quieter than normal to the
US and SA. LV5V was his usual strong signal. YV6 was heard
but not worked, and AI9/K3 kept the east-coast activity
alive in the log.

Sunday morning had only VE2 worked on 20m, although very
surprised to hear JA6GCE strong into G. Tried many MANY
calls but no QSO!

ZC4LI was cracking along and was worked on 15/20/40m.

The highlight was ET3TK on 20m on Saturday morning. I
assumed it was a Armenia/Moldovia/Estonia prefix. It wasn't
until I imported the log into DXKeeper, that Ethiopia
jumped out at me......8v)

All in all, a couple of hours enjoyment, 83 QSO's and
several new entity/band/mode QSO's in the log.

If we worked; QSL's are via buro and also available on
eQSL. Thanks everyone!

Graeme
G6CSY