[RTTY] GU0SUP SCC RTTY Test

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SCC RTTY Test
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:41:14 +0100
Hi all,

Conditions at the start seemed quite poor, with almost no W/VE signals
heard, and yet JA/YB were coming in good and strong. The W's didn't seem to
arrive until well after dark on 20m, and only a few were hearing EU.
There were a few good signals about on 40m, such as ZL2AMI, who wasn't as
strong as last week, but still quite workable.
I caved in and went to bed around 10pm local time, and fully intended to get
up around 4am, but somehow slept in till 0615UTC - 7.15am local.
Surprising to hear K4GMH and W4UEF with strong sigs on 40 around 0700UTC,
but a pleasant surprise.

A bit later in the morning, and I heard WN1GIV with a good signal on 20m,
but he wasn't copying all the EU signals.
Had a few sessions of CQ, and had a few good runs, but somehow ended up with
CW/Pactor and other idiots.
At one point, TF3AO called me, and we made the exchange, but it ended up
with loads of stations just calling, and some were calling me, some were
after Seli.
Surely it doesn't take too much brain power to see who is calling CQ, and
who is responding?

Earliest date was 1928 from RY9C, and the latest was 2005 from ON5KDX.
Only just beat my score from last year, but had to make almost 25 more
contacts for and extra 300 points this time round. I guess some of that was
due to the lack of W/VE call areas.

Anyway, here is my effort..............

Class:   C. Single OP., All bands, LP

         QSOs   Points  Years
80m:    0       0       0
40m:    30      64      25
20m:    217     472     55
15m:    60      129     36
10m:    19      38      16
Total:  326     703     132

Total multipliers:      132
Score:                  92796
Station Description:    Icom IC756Pro + 70 watts out
Antenna(s):             MQ1 mini-beam (2-ele) + Inverted l for 40/80
Operators:              GU0SUP

The log will be on LoTW very soon, but QSL cards are just as welcome!

Very best 73, and TU for the contacts
Phil GU0SUP