Re: [RTTY] WIN98

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WIN98
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:59:44 -0500
On 9/8/05, Ronald A. Stunden <ve7yc@shaw.ca> wrote:
> I've set up an old 450 PII puter to run some of the programs that won't run
> on the higher speed, XP machines  etc. Like WF1B, TR and others. When I
> first go to the dos command the serial ports are shown. Boot any of the
> programs comes up and says there are no serial ports? Go out to windows and
> back to dos serial ports are back. Can't for the life of me figure what's
> going on nor remember having this problem in the past.. Also does it with
> two venison of 98 oems.. any suggestions as to what I have forgotten?? Ron

Windows must not have drivers for the ports.  Go into Device Manager
and see if they are there or are disabled.  You should be able to
update the drivers from there, if necessary.

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

'They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin