Re: [RTTY] note against RTTY-contester SECOND NOTICE

To: EDWARD OLHEISER <cwop@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] note against RTTY-contester SECOND NOTICE
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:40:06 -0400
On Sep 25, 2005, at 11:23 PM, EDWARD OLHEISER wrote:

> You lids deserved getting both barrels and I gave you both barrels.

You lost me at "lids".

> Stop
> JAMMING the entire band on your RTTY contests and be CONSIDERATE,
> ELSE your
> gonna get more swear words!

I thought I very carefully explained why 40m from 7025-7100 kHz was
active with RTTY operators this weekend. I also thought I very
carefully explained why 7100-7150 would be RTTY-free, as well as the
possibility of 7050-7070 being less populated.

Swear words don't scare me. Use as many as you like. They only
deprecate your point.

> Act like a good operator, share the band and stop with the "king of
> the",
> "RAMBO" contester attitudes and SHARE THE BAND PLEASE.  Else Next
> Step IS
> THE FCC!

What is the FCC going to do to stations in other countries legally
using the portions of the bands that they are allocated for RTTY?

> THIS IS the SECOND contest I've complained to you all about and
> obviously I
> got your attention this time.

Rather than complaining with profanity, Chip, why don't you try and
learn to avoid the contest QRM?

There's plenty of band to share.

Hams in Regions 1 and 3 only have 7000-7100 kHz to operate. They've
got to make room for Phone operations at the top of the band, and CW
near the bottom. That puts RTTY squarely in the 7025-7050 region
you're complaining about.

> Start acting you age and be considerate operators will you?  BTW,
> you didn't
> answer the question, are you going to share the band?  Or are you
> going to
> blast away making the band useless to reset of us?

I've already shown how large portions of the band were available for
use.

> I'm not the only one complaining, and if a bunch of us get together
> you're
> asking for a big problem down the road.

Complain if you like, but you'll make more progress toward your goal
if you take the time to understand the situation rather than blast
away with profanity.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901