Re: [RTTY] Datong AF filter

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Datong AF filter
From: Phil Cooper <Phil.Cooper@cwgg.cwplc.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:43:41 +0100
Hi Peter,

The short answer is YES!
I have a 756Pro, and I have an old BARTG R5 audio filter between the rig and
the soundcard.
Try it and you will see how much of a difference it makes to the waterfall
in MMTTY.
The DSP filters in the 756Pro series are good, but cleaning up the final
audio does seem to make that extra bit of difference.

I have a program called Gram which gives you a visual picture of the
signals, and you can see a difference when you switch in the external audio
filter.

You may find there are limitations if you use the built-in RTTY filter,
which I am told is better in the ProIII than in my basic Pro.
I also prefer the low tones, and the built in RTTY filters are limited to
high tones only.

It may be a bit "belt & braces", but I feel it is worth having.

Best 73

Phil GU0SUP

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless e-mail
security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
managed e-mail security service,  visit http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named
above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy,
disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact
details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments without retaining any copies.