Re: [RTTY] Wow! check out this USB to Serial adapter

To: cfmorris@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Wow! check out this USB to Serial adapter
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 17:02:55 -0400
On Oct 9, 2005, at 1:22 PM, Charles Morrison wrote:

> Anyone using this or seen this?
>
> http://www.cooldrives.com/usb-8com-usb-multi-port-serial-adapter-
> eight-port-
> rs-232-serial-usb-adapter.html
>
> http://www.vscom.de/produkte/vscom_usb-8com.html

Interesting. The first link claims support for "Apple OS-8, OS-9, OS-
X". It's been called MacOS for over a decade now....

The second link has Windows and Linux drivers featured, but if you
click on the link for "other", it forbids you access. I suspect the
MacOS X drivers may be mythical.

I think I'll stick with my Keyspan for a while yet. But 8 serial
ports sounds interesting. I just which they'd start making rigs and
other equipment with USB interfaces instead of serial.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901