[RTTY] Some more on the slow FSK thing

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Some more on the slow FSK thing
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:11:38 +0100
Hi all,

Joe W4TV has suggested that one possible common factor is the microHam unit,
when used with Device Router 2.2.2.  The solution is to upgrade to Router
2.2.3 or Router 3.0.1

Joe said "Version 2.2.2 of Router enabled an "emulate baud rate" function in
the vendor drivers that caused a problem.  The function was disabled in
2.2.3 and later. "

I know that Bob KB1JZU was using a microHam, but not sure about the others.
Jim W5AP was not using a microHam, and wasn't using a USB device in CQWW,
yet he did have slow FSK.

I have copied this email to those I listed that had slow RTTY, as it would
be useful to try and find a common factor, just in case it is not down to
the microHam unit.
I am not copying it to the Writelog reflector, as I don't believe it is
Writelog at fault.

Just out of curiosity, are any of those calls listed using a USB to serial
adaptor? If so, is it USB1.1 or USB2?
What speed USB ports do you have on the PC? Are they 1.1 or 2?

To try and eliminate all possibles, it would be useful to know the
following:
What PC spec you are using.
AFSK or FSK? If FSK, how are you keying the rig?
USB adaptor? make/model etc, and whether it is USB1.1 or USB2.
Software? - eg Writelog, N1MM, MixW, MMTTY etc
Interface? eg Rascal, microHam, RigBlaster etc.

I can't recall seeing/hearing this problem before August of this year, so
the SCC contest and after.
I don't particularly recall it in the SCC contest, or SARTG, but I am sure
it was before CQWW.
It was especially noticeable in CQWW, but seemed more prevalent in the
Makrothen.

Let's hope this is something easy to fix, as I am sure it is affecting
rates.

73 for now

Phil GU0SUP